Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Q: What is required to run Seg3D2?
- A: Windows XP or later, MacOS X or later, or Linux; OpenGL 2.1 support; non-Intel video card. Before installing, make sure your video card drivers are up-to-date.
- Q: How do I do a quick segmentation or image viewing without having to create a new project file?
- A: Use the "Quick Open File" option in the initial launch screen.
- Q: Where's the Seg3D 1.2 Windows Installer?
- A: It does not exist currently, please use a later version.
- Q: Can I build Seg3D2 along side ITK v4?
- A: No, we've pegged Seg3D2 to ITK 3 but are planning to upgrade ITK in the near future.
- Q: I'd like to take advantage of this built-in Python interpreter.
- A: Python scripting support in Seg3D2 is coming later this year: it's a highly-requested feature.
- Q: Is it possible to export segmentations to other formats other than nrrd?
- A: There is limited support for exporting to Matlab: there's an issue with Seg3D2 outputting header information.
- Q: I'm working with a large amount of data and am noticing Seg3D2 is sluggish. Is there anything I can tweak to improve performance?
- A: Try reducing or eliminating the amount of memory allowed in the Undo buffer: there is an option in the Preferences window under General/Project.
- Q: What kind of Matlab data can Seg3D2 read?
- A: Seg3D2 can read 4D Matlab structs with the first dimension as a dummy dimension (size == 1) and also 3D structs. In the case of the 4D structs, the first dimension is simply ignored and the information from the remaining axes is read in as a 3D struct.